Although the outdoor waterparks are closed for the season, the fun goes on in Wisconsin Dells. Downtown Wisconsin Dells is a charming and historic part of town, brimming with shops, attractions, and restaurants. Whether you are visiting the area on a family vacation or a couples getaway, there is something for everyone in downtown Wisconsin Dells. At Sand County Vacation Rentals, we have properties available throughout the Dells suitable for any group size. Spend an afternoon exploring everything the downtown has to offer during your vacation in the Dells.
Shopping Downtown Wisconsin Dells
There are dozens of shops to explore downtown ranging from gift shops to delectable sweets. Here are just a few places we recommend stopping at while you’re shopping in Wisconsin Dells:
- Gift Shops: Looking for a unique gift to commemorate your trip? Stop at 38 Broadway Gifts, Made With Love, or Winnebago Gift Shop.
- Fudge Shops: Wisconsin is known as America’s Dairyland, so it’s no surprise that several fudge shops showcase local dairy in their sweet treats. You can find three different fudge shops downtown at Dells Fudge Company, Swiss Maid Fudge, and Wisconsin Dairyland Fudge.
- Old Time Photo Studios: One of our favorite ways to shop downtown with the family is by taking a photo that transports everyone back in time. Come home with a unique gift when you stop at Capone’s or Old Abe’s.
Exciting Attractions and Activities
Downtown Wisconsin Dells has several exciting attractions everyone is sure to love. Spend an afternoon throwing axes and playing games in the underworld arcade at Asgard Axe. Or learn all about the area on an informative Dells Trolley Tour. Check out the activities below to find the perfect way to spend an afternoon in the Dells.
- Asgard Axe Throwing & Underworld Arcade
- Dells Trolley Tours
- H.H. Bennet Studio & Museum
- Wizard Quest
- Ripley’s Believe it or Not! Museum
Whether you are looking for your morning cup of joe or a place to grab lunch, you can find it all downtown. Find a deliciously cheesy dish at MACS or an innovative dessert at Dells Bistro. Check out the menus of the restaurants below to discover your new favorite Dells eatery.
Comfortable Wisconsin Dells Vacation Rentals
Downtown Wisconsin Dells is the one-stop destination for the best shops, activities, and restaurants. But, if you are looking for more to do in the area, check out our Wisconsin Dells Travel Guide. Then choose one of our spacious condos, cottages, or vacation homes to host your group during your getaway. At Sand County, you can expect affordable, spacious, and comfortable properties that fit your individual needs. Visit our website or call us at 800-822-7768 to book your property with us today!