Embracing winter is a lifestyle for those of us in the upper midwest. Now that we’re well into the coldest part of the year, the days are shorter, and the temperatures won’t be rising anytime soon. But please don’t let the crisp air deter you from enjoying a Wisconsin Dells winter vacation! There is something inspiring about crafting the perfect fire or being the first person to walk a trail after a recent snowfall. So now is the time to layer up with thermal socks, scarves, and long johns to embrace winter and make the most of the coldest part of the year. Sand County Services has winter cabins in Wisconsin that are awaiting your arrival, and we welcome you to make yourself at home! From adrenaline-pumping snowmobile adventures to calming cold-weather hikes, there’s plenty of ways to have fun during winter in Wisconsin Dells.
Wisconsin Dells Winter Activities
The abundance of tranquility and open space is arguably the most remarkable factor of a Wisconsin Dells winter. Every year, visitors from around the midwest choose our playground for fun and games for a good reason. Although the Dells sometimes have a reputation for being a busy tourist town, our vacation homes promise to deliver solitude when you need it without depriving you of the reasons everyone loves it here! To help give you some ideas on spending your time, we came up with some fun Wisconsin Dells winter activities you should check out!
7 Things to Do in Wisconsin Dells this Winter
- Head to Cascade Mountain for tubing, skiing, and snowboarding.
- Winter hiking, snowshoeing, and cross country skiing at Devil’s Lake State Park in Baraboo, WI, is some of the best in the area.
- Ice skating or a hockey game at Lake Delton Ice Area is a fun way to get your blood pumping.
- Ice fishing on Lake Delton is something every angler should experience! Reach out to Muskie Motive Guide Service if you want to learn from a true master!
- Winter zip-lining at Bigfoot Zipline Tours will show you a whole new perspective of the Dells!
- Snowmobiling around the Wisconsin Dells area is easy when there are hundreds of miles to explore. Visit the Association of Wisconsin Snowmobile Clubs for the most up to date information on events and trail conditions.
- Wildlife viewing at Mirror Lake State Park is an excellent winter pastime that’s both fun and educational. How many different species of birds and mammals can you spot?
Winter Cabins in Wisconsin Dells: The Perfect Retreat
A Wisconsin Dells winter getaway just may be the best way to squeeze every bit of fun out of the coldest season. But, that’s not for us to decide, so you’ll need to see for yourself by renting a winter cabin in Wisconsin Dells. For more information or to make a reservation, please visit us online or call 800-822-7768.