The Top Things to Do in Baraboo, WI
Approximately 20 minutes from Wisconsin Dells is the charming and historic town of Baraboo. During your next vacation in the Dells, we recommend making the short drive to discover all of the unique things to do in Baraboo, WI. Most people visit Baraboo for the Circus World Museum, but there are plenty of activities to keep you occupied for an entire day. From hiking scenic bluffs to sampling local beer, Baraboo has something for everyone. Stay with us at Sand County Vacation Rentals, and you will be a short drive away to the top attractions in town:
Circus World and Ringling Brothers HistoryA trip to Baraboo wouldn’t be complete without learning about the history of the Ringling Brothers. Circus World is considered Wisconsin’s National Treasure and is a must-visit attraction in Baraboo.
- Circus World: Baraboo was home to the Ringling Bros. Circus from 1884 to 1918. Today you can discover exhibits and artifacts like authentic circus wagons and the winter quarters used by the famous brothers. You can still watch live circus and music performances here with the family during the summer months!
- AL. Ringling Mansion: Tour the AL. Ringling mansion during your day in Baraboo. The estate was built in 1905 and featured beautiful Romanesque Revival architecture. Stop for a drink at the AL. Ringling Brewing Company is directly behind the mansion after your tour.
Spend Time Outside in BarabooAfter learning about the fascinating history of Baraboo and the Ringling Brothers, we recommend spending some time outside. Surrounded by scenic bluffs and parks, there are many things to do in Baraboo, WI, for nature lovers.
- Devil’s Lake State Park: Outdoor adventures abound at Devil’s Lake State Park. The park is situated among the bluffs overlooking a 360-acre lake. Popular activities include hiking, biking, kayaking, fishing, swimming, and rock climbing.
- International Crane Foundation: The International Crane Foundation is the only place on the planet where you can see all 15 crane species! Learn about these fascinating birds and hike the on-site nature trails.
- Mirror Lake State Park: This state park is another popular spot for outdoor recreation in Wisconsin. Kayak the calm waters, hike the trails and pack a picnic lunch.